Your first pregnancy was quite an experience, and now you’ve got another bun in the oven.
Now that you’re a seasoned pro and you’ve seen it all before, you might notice that a few things have changed since last time.
- You were surprised to find that you didn’t just feel pukey in the morning—it was all day, everyday.
- Every cure under the sun, from ginger tea to soothing lollipops, hoping to find relief.
- Now that you’ve been through it, you know that there’s no magic cure.
- You’re ready to chase your kid around and roll with the punches—or waves of nausea—as they come. Feeling kinda crummy just comes with the territory of pregnancy, right?
- Between smart eating choices and exercise, you were sure you were going to get to stay in your normal clothes until your third trimester.
- No weight gain, no problems, no need for stretchy elastic-waist jeans!
- You’re genuinely excited to pull those stretchy elastic-waist jeans out of storage and start leaning in.
- Sure, you’re still going to eat healthy and exercise for your kid’s sake, but you know your body isn’t going to obey when you tell it to avoid bloating at all costs. Maternity clothes are a blessing, not a curse!
- Everything in the nursery needs to be just so, with pristine white bedding and gorgeously designed furniture to make the space feel like something out of a stylish magazine photoshoot.
- Your baby’s room is going to stay neat and gorgeous from day one, and all your organizing efforts now will pay dividends in the future.
- You know exactly what matters and what doesn’t. White bedding? Forget it. You want the busiest patterns in the darkest colors to hide any stains that might occur—and you know they will.
- It’s just a matter of time. Gone are the days when you put style over substance in the nursery. Now you’re going for full functionality and just a little bit of cuteness where it counts.
- Every little detail is in place: your delivery playlist, the fashionable custom hospital gown, the matching monogrammed pajama and robe set to slip into immediately after delivery.
- Natural lip gloss and some tinted moisturizer will help you look amazing for the photo shoot.
- Your hospital experience is going to be like a fancy spa vacation.
- The hospital go-bag is packed and ready to go, and it’s got essentials only.
- No makeup, no fancy PJs…just a scrunchie and a comfy nightie that’d make your grandma jealous. You know you aren’t going to look like a supermodel in your pictures, and that’s OK.
- The smile on your lips and the love in your eyes are all the beauty enhancement you need.
Everyone has a different experience of pregnancy, and your first and second may be more alike than you expected. At the very least, you’ll venturing into known territory, and that can provide a lot of peace of mind for second-time mamas.
You Might Also Like: Second Time Mom Flattens Her Postpartum Tummy in Three Weeks
This Article was brought to you in collaboration with Bellefit, the makers of the best postpartum girdles
Founded in 2008 Bellefit® is the most mom-trusted and awarded brand of postpartum girdles & corsets for recovery after c-section or natural childbirth. Bellefit® girdles come in five designs made using proprietary compression fabrics. Their unique design features triple-layered reinforced front and back support panels.
As a woman-owned company, Bellefit® is no stranger to the challenges new moms face during and after pregnancy. The company helps women feel supported and confident in their changing bodies.