Everyone knows (or eventually finds out) that music is the language of love. To help you choose the best songs for you and your sweetie, we have compiled a list of some great love songs for your playlist.
The Air That I Breathe – The Hollies
- This song was a major hit for The Hollies in early 1974. This song conveys what someone feels when they are deeply in love and all they need is to breathe and be with the one they love.
Maybe I’m Amazed – Paul McCartney
- This is one of Paul McCartney’s finest love songs. He dedicated the song to his wife, Linda, who had helped him get through the break-up of The Beatles. This song is a perfect way to show your woman just how amazing she is to you.
Don’t Let Go (love) – En Vogue
- Don’t let go (love) is a song by American R&B group En Vogue released in 1996. This song is for those who are secretly in love and ready to make it known. Don’t you want to be more than friends?!
This Guy’s in Love with You – Herb Alpert
- Burt Bacharach & Hal David wrote this beautiful song and it was recorded by Herb Alpert. Declare your love to your special lady with this old school, brass filled tune.
- This love song was recorded as a duet between Lionel Richie and fellow soul singer Diana Ross. In this ballad, the singers declare their “endless love” for one another. Do you have an endless love?
How Deep is Your Love – Bee Gees
- This pop song was written and recorded by the Bee Gees in 1977. The Bee Gees definitely knew to make a girl feel wanted with their romantic lyrics: “I know your eyes in the morning sun, I feel you touch me in the pouring rain, and the moment that you wander far from me, I wanna feel you in my arms again.”
Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” is a pop song originally recorded by American singer Elvis Presley. Sometimes, love transcends all barriers and no matter what you do, it remains. Just let yourself fall in love wit ha little help from the King.
I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
- This power ballad was performed by American hard rock band Aerosmith for the 1998 film Armageddon. With out of this world lyrics, this song inspires even the most long distance love on earth (and beyond). “Don’t wanna close my eyes, I don’t wanna fall asleep, ’cause I’d miss you, baby, and I don’t wanna miss a thing”
You and I – Stevie Wonder
- Stevie Wonder starts this 1972 ultimate love song with the words “Here we are on earth together, it’s you and I.” So for that special someone that makes you feel like no one else in the world matters, this song will help you show them just how you feel
Simply Beautiful – Al Green
- Put your heart on the line with the help of one of the most gifted purveyors of soul music, Al Green. His 1972 classic, Simply Beautiful, will set your declaration of love in the right direction. “If I gave you my love, I tell you what I’d do, I’d expect a whole lotta love outta you.”
Make You Feel my Love – Adele
- Is that special someone playing hard to get? Sway them over to make them feel your love with this emotional love song by Adele. “I know you haven’t made your mind up yet, but I would never do you wrong. I’ve known it from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong.”
How Do I Live? – Leann Rimes
- Sometimes love finds itself in troubled waters, and we loose hope that everything will be ok. In her 1997 single “How do I live?” Leann Rimes conveys a hopeful message of with passionate lyrics and a powerful melodic ballad.
Butterflies – Michael Jackson
- The King of Pop gave us “Butterflies”, a midtempo love ballad song with groove musical influences. This song describes the amazing feeling of being in love. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
Lovesong – The Cure
- If new wave and rock are your thing, then express your love with The Cure’s “Lovesong”. Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again, whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again”
Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Eric Clapton wrote this song about his first wife, Pattie Boyd. Her beauty inspired the amorous lyrical content of this ballad, just as your beautiful lady will inspire you to dedicate this song to her.
Boyz II Men – I’ll make love to you
- This #1 hit single by R&B group Boyz II Men has set the mood for millions of loving souls. Let this passionate love song set the mood for you with it’s romantic and fiery lyrics and beautiful ballad melody.
Submerge til We Become The Sun – Maxwell
- The sexy music and vocal stylings of Maxwell in this tune “Submerge til we become the sun” will take you and your sweetie just where you want to go. “Submerge within the light, illuminate my night and let your atmosphere surround me.”