Only fellow moms understand just how little time most moms have to get ready and look presentable on a daily basis. Whether you have one, two or however many children, these little people tend to require so much time and care that simple things such as putting on make-up or combing our hair become a thing of the past. Even so, this doesn’t mean that you should completely give up on yourself and the beautiful independence you once had.
Give yourself the time you deserve to start feeling good by following these simple beauty tips for moms.
Shower at Night
When the kids are in bed and the house is finally quiet at the end of the day, stop everything you’re doing and take a shower! This will wash off the stress of your day, soothe your mind and allow you to go to bed feeling refreshed.
Plus, the fact that it is nighttime means that you can take a proper shower, wash your hair, and shave your legs & armpits. Even if you shower and stay awake a little longer, taking that nighttime shower will give you a nice boost to end the day on a good note.
Get a Hairstyle
To avoid having your hair in a mom-bun on a daily basis, take some time and a little bit of money to go get your hair styled by a professional stylist.
- Talk to them about you and your busy schedule and they will help you choose a style that works with your natural texture and color.
- This will allow you to do your hair with ease every day and reduce the amount of product that you will need to use to make your hair look good.
Cleanse Your Face Daily
Keeping your skin clean of residue from make-up and the daily grind is highly beneficial. It takes a few minutes, but you will avoid blemishes and pimples in the long run.
- Keep a pack of face cleansing wipes or make up remover wipes at hand so that you can do a quick face sweep when needed.
- If face wipes aren’t your thing, keep your face cleanser in the shower so that you may wash your face when you shower at night.
Moisturizer and Sunscreen
Moisturizing and applying sunscreen to your skin is a very important part of a proper skin care routine.
- Most moisturizers now come equipped with sunscreen to save you that extra step and keep your skin looking radiant.
There is something mesmerizing about putting on some make up and making ourselves look just a bit more beautiful than we already are.
- In less that 10 minutes, you can achieve a great natural look with a few simple items:
- Liquid concealer
- Loose powder
- Eye shadow
- Pencil or liquid liner
If you don’t have that much time, settle for make up on your eyes & lips. Just apply eyeliner to your water line, neutral eye shadow, add mascara to your lashes and slap on some pretty lipstick or tinted lip gloss.
Improve your Diet
To keep your skin looking radiant, be sure to drink the daily recommended amount of water.
- Eating healthy meals also increases your energy and prevents you from getting sick and developing ailments over time.
Keep Your Feet Pretty
Last but not least, take good care of your feet.
- Place a foot scrubbing-brush in your shower so that you can scrub your feet a couple of times a week when you shower. It feels great to remove the dead skin and residue that could eventually cause unwanted bunions, callouses and fungus.
- Also, a relaxing self-massage can be quite soothing at the end of a long and tiring day.
With the busy life that moms lead, it’s easy to overlook taking care of ourselves, but taking the time to stay looking and feeling beautiful is a must. Remember to always love yourself as much as you love your family so you can stay healthy, happy and beautiful no matter how busy you may be.