Is Sex Safe During Pregnancy?
During your pregnancy, you’re going to have a lot of questions that need to be answered. One, in particular, may be pressing. You might be wondering if it’s ok to have sex with your partner while carrying a child. If you don’t already possess this knowledge, it’s important to know the answer to this question before you have intercourse while pregnant.
It is safe to have sex while pregnant. It does require you to be inventive, however. The more weight you carry with your child, the less comfortable your go-to position may become.
The Most Common Sex Positions for Pregnant Women
- Some of the most common sex positions for pregnant women include Man on Top, Woman on Top, Side-Lying, and Rear-Entry.
- Each has its own benefits and some can be done throughout the later stages of pregnancy without a woman’s belly getting in the way.
- To thoroughly enjoy intercourse in these positions, there are a few things you should know in advance.
4 Positions to Make Sex Safe During Pregnancy:
Man on Top
- This position is best for very quick sex. It’s important that no pressure is placed on top of your stomach, however.
- Your partner should be able to support his own weight with his arms to keep from smashing the baby.
Woman on Top
- A pregnant woman’s favorite, the missionary position keeps pressure off the stomach and allows for deeper penetration and a better overall experience for both parties.
- Again, this is a position that is best for women who are newly pregnant or only a few months along.
- Laying front-to-front or front-to-back can be very comfortable. Your partner spoons you while entering you.
- Your stomach isn’t an issue with the front-to-back position.
- The front-to-front position is better during the earlier stages of pregnancy when your belly isn’t big.
- This position provides greater comfort because your belly isn’t a factor.
- You can engage in some sexy role-playing, too, as explained by What to Expect.
- Pretending that he is a police officer who wants to search you from behind can spice things up a lot.
These sex positions are best for pregnant women because they still allow you to enjoy the act without harming yourself or your baby. Your partner will enjoy himself, too, and not have to wait until your child is born to have intercourse again. Give one of the positions a try to see if it is something you’d enjoy doing repeatedly.
Then, after your baby is born, you can go back to other positions if you’d like. You may find that the new positions you’ve tried are far more adventurous and comfortable. Getting feedback from your partner is also important to see what he enjoyed.
Decide Which Positions are Best and Worth Repeating
If you decide to have sex during pregnancy, you want to make sure it doesn’t hurt you or your baby in any way. Try varying you or your partner’s position to make it more comfortable and enjoyable. There are plenty of ways to have sex while pregnant. It’s up to you to determine which positions feel best and are worth repeating.