DIY Photographing Your Pregnancy
Have you ever seen those neat time lapse photos of pregnant women and thought to yourself "I would LOVE to do that?". Well, now that you are pregnant you can! Take the time to catalogue the progression of your pregnancy by following these simple steps of a DIY photographing your pregnancy experience.
- Choose a well lit area of your home where you can setup a tripod. You can leave the tripod there for the next 9 months, or you can mark the spot to make sure you place it in the same location every time.
- Setup your camera on the tripod with a self-timer so that you don't have to depend on anyone else's availability to photograph you.
- Choose a pose that is comfortable and shows the contour of your baby bump. Try to do a similar pose every time you take a photograph for this project.
- Wear form fitting clothing or if you are comfortable, lift your shirt to show your belly. This will ensure that the progression of your growing belly is accentuated.
- Before you begin this fun project, decide how often you will photograph yourself. Will you do it weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?
- Choose a day of the week when you know you can commit to taking the photo. Keep it as your guide so that you don't forget and are able to complete this project. Setting a reminder on your phone is a great idea to ensure you remember.
- When you edit the photos you take, choose the same filter (if you're using one) and crop your photos in the same orientation. This will allow you to make a seamless photo collage or slideshow at the end.
- If you want to get creative, choose a theme that you can use throughout your pregnancy to make your photos pop.
- Make prints of the finalized project to share with your family and friends or make a video slideshow as a keepsake for many years to come.